Why me?

With so many ways to get your sports on each and every day, why come to me?
Simple. I am super good at using words to talk about things about sports that I've recently learned. Words like "ball," and "rankings," and "injury."

I see sports from the outside, and now you can, too! Thanks for visiting my weekly(ish) sports recap.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

super predictions

This morning's transcript:

Bill: Big games today!
Me: Oh, my. Are you ready? 
(Subtext: Have you been practicing?)
Bill: So, who do you pick for the Super Bowl?
Me: Well, what are my choices?
Bill: Well, there's New England at Denver and San Francisco at Seattle.
Me: ok...
Bill: (something I can't remember about two quarterbacks)
Me: Right. And John Elway is NOT playing, you say? 
(Subtext: I would have voted for him.)
Bill: Well, no. By virtue of having been retired for ten years, he is not going to play. He's going to sit this one out.
Me: OK, which of those guys did I feel like looked less full of himself?
Bill: You said that about Peyton Manning. 
(Subtext: I disagree with your choice.)
Me: And who is he with?
Bill: (sighs) Denver.
Me: Well then, I think Denver vs. Seattle.

Gamblers: take your places! There will be TV on today!

No comments:

Post a Comment