Why me?

With so many ways to get your sports on each and every day, why come to me?
Simple. I am super good at using words to talk about things about sports that I've recently learned. Words like "ball," and "rankings," and "injury."

I see sports from the outside, and now you can, too! Thanks for visiting my weekly(ish) sports recap.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

48, baby!

Live-blogging this football game, y'all!

Let's party. I have arrived and everyone has brought food. And drink. We brought coffee-flavored beer in order to maximize our beverages.

We have all exchanged low-carb diet recommendations, the pre-requisite for all snarf-fests.

Things started with Queen Latifah singing an anthem of our nation, followe by Renee Fleming singing our national anthem. In between, the Brocos rode in on a horse and the Seahawks flew in on a hawk. 

I've learned that one of their names is Manning, Peyton and another one is named Boom, Legion Of, which is really taking sports naming to a whole new level of "you let that birth certificate through?!"

Update: Seattle is winning! One of the people is very fast! First safety to start a game except for a while back! There is a lot of screaming and quite a few checks combined with stripes for the people who are commentating.

Someone was so excited he overthrew his receiver. 
That's what SHE said.

Big play, 3rd and 9. End quote.
First down!
So far Richard Sherman has not shot his mouth off ONCE. To my knowledge.

I've decided to shortcut this thing since sports people like fewer syllables. I'm going to refer to touchdowns from now on as "downs." You heard it here first.

Since we are watching it on the west coast, we don't want any spoilers from you all on the east coast, where it's already over. #timezones

Idea: ** put your #s on the tops of your helmets so we can see who you are **

SEA winning so far.
Group at large, "BAM!"

Three people are wearing orange.
I'd think they were Bronco fans, but they're all red-orange now, so it's hard to tell.

It's not a party without jalapeƱo potatoes.

High throw! That's funny because...well, you know.

I want to know the correlation between hair length and success. Dreads=what? 

An orange player just pushed someone else. I'm writing him up!

I was gone for a bit!
Seahawks are still winning, and I had more potatoes, and this-just-in: David Beckham plays the other kind of football and wears underwear! Yes, please!

That Coke commercial. Gorgeous.

Three Thomases!
SEA still winning.

All cities should go by their airport codes. Just learned that Denver's OLD airport WAS DEN. Intriguing.

Dear #28: balls are for catching.

I love the Muppets!

SO MANY CAR ADS.

And now, Jeep. 

Well. Half-time thoughts:
I apparently heart Bruno Mars quite a bit. I thought he absolutely nailed it.

And there should always be a man performing. He managed to stay fully-clothed the whole time! 
*concept!!*
Speaking of, that was a highly fun segue into the RHCP. Not to brag, but I saw them live. At the Dalai Lama. Damn STRAIGHT! 

Well, the military bit made me cry like a girl. I don't know how they do it.

Everybody stay hydrated. We are only halfway there.

That is some exciting football! A guy just took the ball all the way from one end to the other! Boom!

Denver's like, all, OH! ARE WE PLAYING NOW?

Football gets sleepy, this time of game. Note to self: coffee beer acts less like coffee than you would think.

People are still winning. I still have an awesome group of friends.

Seattle scores AGAIN. That's a lotta points.

Well, well, well. They've got to start somewhere. Amirite?

Well, if the commercials don't make me cry, they're not even trying.

I ate more food and visited and the same people ultimately won! Kudos, lime-green-accents! 

#Esurancesave30 ftw!


No comments:

Post a Comment